‘The Community Give’ Registration Closes April 10
Nonprofit organizations in the Fredericksburg region have until Friday, April 10, 2015, to register for The Community Give.
The Community Foundation’s second annual day of giving is Tuesday, May 5. Local residents will donate thousands of dollars — the most raised in a single day — to support issues and charities they are passionate about. Gifts will be maximized through cash prizes to participating nonprofits, in addition to the donations given online by individual donors.
– Every participating nonprofit will be eligible for $100,000 in incentive prizes from The Community Foundation and its sponsors.
– A $10,000 grand prize to the nonprofit with the highest amount of giving overall.
– A $10,000 prize to the nonprofit with the most unique donors.
– Five “No Place Like Home” prizes award $5,000 to the nonprofit with the highest number of unique donors from each participating jurisdiction (Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Caroline)
– Each hour during the 24-hour period, two nonprofits will picked at random to win $500.
“The maximum amount of every dollar raised goes directly to the participating local nonprofit organizations and keeps our community thriving,” said Teri McNally, executive director of The Community Foundation. “Whatever your passion — literacy, hunger, children and families, animal welfare, education — this is the day when your gift will do the most good.”
Any nonprofit in the region — Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George and Caroline — is eligible to participate, and may register at www.thecommunitygive.org or by calling The Community Foundation at 540-393-9292.
The Community Foundation does not charge donors or nonprofits to participate. The company processing the online donations charges an industry standard transaction fee.
All participating nonprofits receive free training and tools from The Community Foundation.
The Community Foundation ensures all donors receive an immediate thank you and a receipt for 100 percent of their donation.
Greater Fredericksburg Habitat for Humanity on “Town Talk”
“Town Talk” Hosts Habitat for Humanity, Faith Leaders, CRRL and More
Follow Fredericksburg.Today on Facebook and on Twitter @Fxbg2day