Prepare Now for Possible Power Outages
“As Dominion prepares for what this storm may bring our way, we also urge customers to do the same,” he said.
Dominion offers the following advice to customers before the storm:
– Establish an online “Manage Your Account” (MYA) with Dominion at https://www.dom.com/ and update it with your telephone number, including your cell phone number. This will ensure the accurate reporting of your power outage.
-Bookmark Dominion’s new online outage map and use it to report and track outages. The site, www.dom.com/outages, is accessible on smart phones and tablets.
– Sign up to receive text messages from Dominion. Text DOM to 898366 from any mobile device.
– Stay in touch through Dominion’s Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/DomVAPower, and Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dominionvirginiapower. Both are good sources of information and updates throughout the storm event.
– Communicate with family and friends about emergency plans in the event of extended outages.
– Have an emergency kit that includes a battery-operated radio, multiple flashlights, extra batteries, non-perishable food, water, medications, extra cash and other items to sustain you for at least three days. For more information on how to assemble a kit, visit https://www.dom.com/storm-center/storm-preparation-tips.jsp.
– Have a full tank of gas in your car, and make sure cell phones and other electronic devices are fully charged.
Heavy Rain, Potential Flooding Predicted Through the Weekend
Follow Fredericksburg.Today on Facebook, and on Twitter at @Fxbg2day