‘The Community Give’ to Benefit 177 Local Nonprofits
The fundraiser begins at midnight and ends at 11:59 p.m. May 3 — which is also election day in the City of Fredericksburg.
Donors to any participating nonprofit from Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Caroline and Westmoreland can choose among three ways to donate during The Community Give.
1. Online at TheCommunityGive.org.
2. Drop a check off at The Community Foundation, 725 Jackson St. in Fredericksburg.
3. Or stop by any Union Bank branch in the region to deliver a check, or for assistance in making an online donation.
Profiles of all participating nonprofits are posted online.
The community donated more than $822,000 to 155 local nonprofits in the single-day fundraising campaign in 2015. This year’s goal is $1 million, said Teri McNally, executive director of The Community Foundation of the Rappahannock River Region, coordinator of the event.
To inspire local giving, The Community Foundation and area sponsors are offering $100,000 in incentive prizes. Every participating area nonprofit is eligible to win.
Examples of the incentive prizes include:
– A $10,000 grand prize to the nonprofit with the highest amount of giving overall.
– A $10,000 prize to the nonprofit with the most unique donors.
– Five “No Place Like Home” prizes of $1,500 to the nonprofits with the highest number of unique donors from each of the five locales Caroline, Fredericksburg, Stafford, etc.
– Two $500 prizes to nonprofits picked at random each hour.
There is no charge for local nonprofits to participate in The Community Give, and The Community Foundation does not fundraise during the event. All participating nonprofits receive free training and tools.
The Community Foundation ensures that all donors receive an immediate thank you and a receipt for 100 percent of their donation.
City of Fredericksburg May 3 General Election Details