Fredericksburg EDA Approves Seven Grants
The Fredericksburg Economic Development Authority (EDA) approved seven grants totaling $9,880 in its latest quarterly grant cycle. The vote came during the group’s July 11, 2016, meeting.
The grants are:
– $500 to the Rappahannock Fredericksburg Rotary Club for fall events flags to brand and promote three events.
– $1,480 to the Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center (FAMCC) to replace the awning at the William Street entrance, that will serve as the museum’s handicapped entrance.
– $3,600 to Central Rappahannock Regional Library for their Music on the Steps summer concert series.
– $500 to the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce Next Generation of Business Leaders MadeinFredVA business plan competition.
– $1,000 to the Fredericksburg Sister City Association for the July 14, 2016, Bastille Day celebration in Market Square.
– $800 to Stage Door Productions for their June 2016 performances of Shakespeare’s “The Tempest,” in partnership with Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation.
– $2,000 to Spencer Devon Brewing for a mural by Bill Harris depicting the “history of brewing and enjoyment of the brews” on their building at 106 George St.
About the EDA
The EDA’s revenue comes from fees paid by organizations that have issued bonds through the authority for projects in the city, including Mary Washington Hospital, Eagle Village and the Gladys H. Oberle School. “As of mid-2015, eight EDA bonds totaling about $258 million remained outstanding, producing approximately $220,000 in annual revenue for the authority,” the annual report said. The EDA receives no city tax dollars.
Grant applications are accepted March 1, June 1, September 1, and December 1. See the EDA Grants webpages for details.
Fredericksburg EDA Approves $14,500 in Grants
EDA Annual Report Reviews $257K in Grants (2015)