Spotsylvania County Administrator Presents $500.9 Million FY 2018 Recommended Budget
Spotsylvania County Administrator Mark Taylor presented his $500.9 million FY 2018 recommended budget to the Spotsylvania Board of Supervisors on February 14, 2017.
The total is an increase of $7.2 million (1.5 percent), compared to the FY 2017 Adopted Budget. No tax increases are recommended.
The entire budget can be viewed on the county’s website at www.spotsylvania.va.us/FY2018budget
The webpage also contains information related to the development of the FY 2018 budget.
Citizens wishing to speak at the Tuesday, March 28, public hearing may sign up starting on Tuesday, March 21, by contacting Aimee Mann at 540-507-7010 or [email protected]
Budget work session dates and topics are:
– February 21: Budget Work Session: Capital Improvement Program/Constitutional Officers/County Departments
– February 28: Budget Work Session: Presentation of School Board Approved Budget to Board of Supervisors/CBRC Presentation to Board of Supervisors
– March 7: Budget Work Session: Joint meeting with School Board
– March 14: Budget Work Session: Tax rate advertisement decision/Other Funds/EDA
– March 20: Budget/Tax Rate/Capital Improvement Program advertised
– March 28: Public Hearings: Budget/Tax Rates/Capital Improvement Program – 6:30 p.m. at Courtland High School, 6701 Smith Station Rd, Spotsylvania Courthouse, VA 22553
– March 30: Budget Work Session: Capital Improvement Program
– April 4: Budget Work Session: Budget/Capital Improvement Program
– April 6: Budget Work Session: Budget/Approve Capital Improvement Program
– April 11: Budget Work Session: Adopt FY 18 Budget, Capital Improvement Program and 2017 Tax Rates
Meetings are held at 6 p.m. in the Holbert Building Board Room, 9104 Courthouse Rd. in Spotsylvania, unless otherwise noted. They are live streamed and archived on Regional Web TV at http://spotsylvania.bos.regionalwebtv.com/